Carrot & Green Pea Sandwich
- Meal Time
- Meal Type
- North Indian
- 1/4 cup grated Carrot
- 1/4 cup boiled and coarsely mashed Green Peas
- 2 slices toasted Whole Wheat Bread
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1/4 tsp finely chopped Green Chillies
- 2 tbsp grated Paneer (Cottage Cheese)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped Coriander (Dhania)
- 3 tbsp grated Cheese
- Salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the green chillies, carrots and green peas and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the paneer, coriander and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Switch off the flame, add the cheese, mix well and allow it to cool slightly.
- Divide the filling into 2 equal portions.
- Place a whole wheat bread slice on a dry, flat surface and spread a portion of the prepared filling and sandwich it with another whole wheat bread slice.
- Serve immediately.
1 Carrot & Green Pea Sandwich