- Meal Time
- Meal Type
- Non Veg
- 1 cup Long Grain White Rice
- 3 cups Water or Stock (Chicken or Fish)
- Salt to taste
- In a heavy pot, bring the rice, chicken stock and optional salt to a boil, then turn it down to a simmer and cover loosely with a lid.
- Cook gently, stirring occasionally, until the rice is thoroughly cooked and the porridge has become thick and creamy, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve up hot with the condiments of your choice or plain, just as it is, for a comforting, simple meal.
1 cup Congee