Jowar and Vegetable Porridge
- Meal Time
- Meal Type
- South Indian
- 1/4 cup coarsely powdered Jowar
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped Mixed Vegetables (French Beans , Carrot, Green Peas and Cauliflower)
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai / Sarson)
- Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
For The Topping:
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Onions
- 1 tbsp finely chopped Coriander (Dhania)
- Fruit Yoghurt
- 1 tsp ground Flax Seed
- 1/4 cup Blueberries
- 1 tsp pitted Cherries
- ½ cup Strawberries
- ½ cup Low-Fat Yogurt
- Ice Cubes
- Combine the powdered jowar, salt with 2 cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- When the mustard seeds crackle, add the mixed vegetables and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the cooked jowar mixture, 1 cups of water and salt, mix well and simmer for 6 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Top with the tomato, onion and coriander and serve immediately.
1. Blend all the ingredients with yoghurt.
1 cup Jowar and Vegetable Porridge +1 cup Fruit Yoghurt