- Meal Time
- Meal Type
- South Indian
- 1/2 cup quick cooking Rolled Oats
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai / Sarson)
- 1 tsp Urad Dal (split Black Lentils)
- 5 to 6 Curry Leaves (Kadi Patta)
- 1 whole dry Kashmiri Red Chilli , broken into pieces
- 2 Green Chillies, slit green chillies
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Carrot
- 1/4 cup Green Peas
Strawberry Honey Milkshake:
- 1/2 cup chilled and mashed Strawberries
- 2 tsp Honey
- 1/2 cup chilled fresh Curd (Dahi)
- 1 tsp chilled Milk
- Heat 1/2 tsp of oil in a non-stick pan, add the oats and ½ tsp of turmeric powder and sauté on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes or till it turns light brown in colour, stirring occasionally. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining1/2 tsp of oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the urad dal, curry leaves, red chillies and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the carrots and green peas and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the oats mixture, salt and mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, stirring continuously.
- Add 1 cups of hot water, cover and cook on a slow flame for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve immediately garnished with coriander.
1 cup Oat Upma + 1 Cup Honey Shake