- Meal Time
- Meal Type
- South Indian
- 1/4 cup Soya Granules
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp Urad Dal (Split)
- Pinch of Asafoetidia
- 1/2 tsp grated Ginger
- 1-2 Green Chilli
- 1/4 cup chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup grated Carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped Cabbage
- 1 tsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp chopped Coriander Leaves
Fruit & Nut Milk Shake:
- 1 chopped Banana
- 1/2 cup chilled Milk
- 2 tbsp chopped Walnuts (Akhrot)
- 1 tbsp chopped Almonds (Badam)
- No sugar
- Soak the soya granules in hot water for approx. 15 minutes. Drain, squeeze out all the water and keep aside. Discard the water.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds. When they crackle, add the urad dal and sauté till the dal turns light brown.
- Add the asafoetida, ginger, green chillies and onions.
- Sauté the onions till they are translucent. Add the carrots and cabbage and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the soya granules and mix well.
- Season with salt and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with the coriander and lemon wedges.
For the Smoothie:
1. Add the strawberry, banana, vanilla yogurt, milk and honey to the food processor and mix for 20 to 30 seconds, until it will become smooth and creamy.
1 cup Green Pea Poha (1/3 cup Pea & 1/4 cup Rice Flakes) + 1 cup Fruit Smoothie