- Meal Time
- Meal Type
- South Indian
- 1/4 cup Soya Granules
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tsp Chana Dal
- 1/4 tsp Ginger-Green Chilli Paste
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Onions
- 1/4 cup grated Carrot
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- Soak the soya granules in hot water for approximately 15 minutes. Drain, squeeze out all the water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan / kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the chana dal and sauté on a medium flame till the dal turns light brown.
- Add the ginger-green chilli paste and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes till the onions turn light brown in colour.
- Add the carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the soya granules, salt and lemon juice, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
1 cup Soya Upma