- Meal Time
- Meal Type
- North Indian
- 1/4 cup Moong (Whole Green Gram) boiled Sprouts
- 2 tbsp grated Carrot
- 1/4 cup finely chopped and boiled Spinach (Palak)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Fenugreek (Methi),
- 1 tbsp Besan (Bengal Gram Flour)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
,1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera),1 tsp ginger-green chilli paste,salt to taste,1 tsp oil for porridge-wheat flakes,100 ml milk
- Combine the moong sprouts and ½ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the paste into a bowl and add the carrots, spinach fenugreek, besan, turmeric powder, cumin seeds, ginger-green chilli paste, salt and 1 tsp oil and mix well till no lumps remain.
- Add 2 tbsp of water and mix well.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a ladleful of batter and spread it evenly to make a 150 mm (6”) diameter circle and cook using ¼ tsp of oil, till it is golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Serve hot with green chutney.
1 chilla with green chutney +1 cup porridge